Deepin Os Manjaro Deepin Manjaro XFCE on a gutless HP 360


I'd tried Deepin from my Cinnamon Manjaro install and liked it . Knowing I had to really do a clean Manjaro Deepin install to get the best of the system I thought I'd try pure Deepin OS first.

Install process was flawless but somewhat different, maybe more bling? Maybe the Chinese characters at places. Maybe the different aesthetic?
Worked well.
Inital update went well but I did put in my standard packages.
Gimp, Insync, Dropbox, Zotero, Wine (to run Scrivener), Xmind, Simplemind, Notecasepro, Softmaker Office, - Solaar. Tusk,

All worked well.
But the CPU was running at 60% where as doing the same on Manjaro it was running at 22%. (now)

Store was great and integration with Flatpac was good.

It reminded me of MacOs. Like it but not love. Bit too slick. Iwill use it to introduce others to linux but it was not quite for me.

But Manjaro Deepin. Nice interface.
Still has issues with freezes so it was back to XFCE with a MX linux style theme.
MX Linux is interesting but does tend to get tied in repo knots.
So I thought Manjaro with that theme was not so boring.
Sorry just love how Manjaro works - the repository system is great as are all the arch systems.
Using Scrivener AppImage https://www.wayoflinux.com/blog/scrivener-returns
Software as before but using V2 of scrivener across all my computers.
Updates fixed my freezes -
Found Deepin 15.10 too unstable - particually poor old firefox.
Retried Majaro Deepin flavor and currently all is working well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intel Nuc - Ubuntu and Manjaro

HP Pavilion X360 Manjaro XFCE Edition (17.1.4)

Linux on a iMac and HP 360 several months later